Office Automation Systems, NC, 2006-2007
Director of Product Development. Led company wide software technology product development activities producing enterprise class software solution for Secretary of State offices around the country.
Developed and Executed core CMMI® level 1, 2 and 3 cross-functional processes across the company resulting in delivery of a high quality, stable enterprise software solution.
I was recruited to fix this company’s dysfunctional systems and prepare the company for acquisition. My efforts resulted in making the company a desirable acquisition target and the company was subsequently sold.
CAVU, NC, 2005, 2005
Director of Product Development.Recruited by CAVU to lead and repair cross-functional software product development activities for their enterprise class licensing software solutions serving government regulatory agencies around the country. Results:
- Drastically improved customer experience satisfaction
- Significantly improved the ability to deliver high quality, stable enterprise software.
- Redesigned cross-functional relationships between departments in: Customer Experience and Support, Change Management, Product release engineering, and project and account management.
- Designed, developed and executed proper product management and release engineering processes to coordinate customer change management and enhancement requests with overall product release scheduling.
- Executed the required cross-functional process improvements across the company for an overall CMMI upgrade from level 0 (non-existent) to a respectable level 3.
Overall, I designed developed and executed drastic improvements in overall cross-functional processes between sales, marketing, operations, development, customer experience and support, and management leadership and reporting.
Improving this company’s operations led directly to it’s successful acquisition by Iron Data.
Metagenix, Inc., NC, 1998-2002
Co-Founder & VP Product Development. Executive Leader of all software technology product development activities and teams.
After 3 rounds of venture capital funding, Metagenix sold our product, MetaRecon, for 4.7 million dollars in a asset purchase to Ascential Software. Ascential was subsequently acquired by IBM and the MetaRecon product is now a centerpiece of IBM’s data management toolset under the name of Profile Stage. MetaRecon was built on a combination of Windows clients and Open Source based server technology.
Effective Systems, L.L.C., NC, 1995-1998
Founder & President
- Designed, developed, executed and sold Zero Defects Home Manufacturing Quality Assurance system.
- Lead design architect for Medic Computer Systems/A4 Medical Patient Charting system.
Information Management Services, Inc., NY/NC. 1987-1995
Founder & President.
- Designed, developed, executed and sold shrink wrapped nationally marketed Windows, multiple award winning, contact manager, ClientWorks. Client works competed well with ACT and Goldmine in the sales oriented contact marketing space.
- Designed, developed, executed and sold vertical market International Banking Industry software technology solution: L/C PLU$ – Letter of Credit system.. This was the first “Windows” product of it’s kind on the market.
- Account Manager and Project Leader in over 40 consulting client and product development accounts.
BASIS Software, Inc., NY, 1985-1987
National Marketing Manager for this IBM Real Estate Industry Application Specialist software technology firm for IBM Midrange systems.
- Established a ground breaking, innovative national distribution channel leveraging IBM’s international network of IAS affiliates (other IBM partner companies in over 50 states). We recruited these firms to sell our product for us, requiring IBM to redesign their compensation systems to accommodate our innovative approach.
- Design and subject matter expert on all Real Estate software product requirements including commercial and residential brokerage, property management and investment analysis products.